You can buy the Brussel sprouts on their stalk if you prefer. If you buy on the stalk: pull the sprouts from the stalk and rinse. Peel off the outer layer of leaves and cut off the small stem at the bottom end of each one.
2 packages fresh Brussel sprouts, ends trimmed and cut in half (about 5-6 cups)
2 TBSP coconut oil, melted
3 TBSP olive oil
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 tsp stone ground mustard
1 TBSP honey
1 1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 - 1 tsp red pepper flakes, depending on desired spiciness
2. Bring a pot of water to a boil, large enough to completely immerse the B.sprouts. Place Brussel sprouts in boiling water and boil for 2 minutes. Remove from pot and drain water. Make sure excess water is removed.
3. Place Brussel sprouts in a large bowl or gallon-sized zip lock bag.
4. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients (using only 2 TBSP of the olive oil), and mix thoroughly. Pour sauce over the B.sprouts and toss to coat.
5. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and spread 1 TBSP olive oil over it to prevent sticking. Spread Brussel sprouts out evenly on baking sheet.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes flipping halfway. Enjoy!
Gluten Free, Dairy Free side dish. Left over roasted Brussel sprouts are a great addition to morning eggs and potatoes!