1 cup raw quinoa
1 large head of kale
3/4 cup dried goji berries
1 cup pine nuts
6 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tsp Dijon mustard
2 garlic cloves, minced
Juice from half a lemon
Salt & pepper
1. Add dried goji berries to 2 cups of room temp. water, soak for 20 minutes. Pour goji berries into a strainer and discard water.
2. While the gojis soak, in a saucepan bring 2 cups of water and 1 cup of quinoa to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and cover to let simmer for 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork and take of burner to let it cool down. ( I like my quinoa warm on my salads so I don't cool it down too much)
3. Add pine nuts to a seasoned hot pan and stir quickly. These burn easily, so as soon as you begin to see them turning brown take off the heat and continue to stir until all the pine nuts are toasted. Pour into a bowl to cool and stop cooking.
4. Trim kale from tough stalks, slice into ribbons, add to a large bowl.
5. In a small bowl, whisk together your dressing. Add lemon juice, dijon mustard, olive oil, ACV, garlic and a pinch of salt & pepper.